Moving or expanding your office can be a huge undertaking, and working out the logistics can be overwhelming. If the process seems stressful, there are alternatives to doing it by yourself. Need help with your new office move in checklist?
Boulevard LA is here to help. We have a custom office move in checklist and process that can take the stress and annoyance out of setting up your new office space. From finding the perfect space for your medical or dental practice to putting in place the last decoration, Boulevard LA can perform the whole process from start to finish for you.
The process in broken down into three parts:
1. Designing the perfect office
3. Building your new space
To design your office, we will work with a preferred building contractor and an architect. We will come up with the ultimate plan to maximize the space and make it visually appealing and practical while taking your patients’ and staff’s specific needs into consideration and set your office up for success. Any necessary city permitting or construction that comes up during the big move will be taken care of.
Next, we will work with you to plan an office space customized to your taste. Interior designers will help you select paint colors, cabinets, flooring and more for your new office. Our network of preferred interior designers is a wealth of knowledge, having years of experience designing medical and dental offices in Los Angeles. Their goal is to design your space so that it makes a great first impression for your patients.
The third step in this process is actually building your new space. Once the plans have been finalized and the decorations picked out, the construction can start. Their contractors have years of experience building medical and dental offices, so they are knowledgeable about the complexity of moving and placing medical equipment. They will give you updates about the process, taking the stress and worry out of moving.
While Boulevard LA will take care of most aspects of your move, add these tips to your new office move in checklist:
• Start planning the move as soon as possible. They are generally planned months in advance, with larger moves planned even earlier. You might even have to move during non-work hours outside of the 9-5 Monday-Friday schedule.
• Get to know the new building or space before moving in. Check to see if there are any specific requirements for the new building, like flooring requirements. Walk through the pace with the building manager to make sure the space is ready for move-in – i.e. no leaks, broken bulbs, etc.
• Keep your employees informed at every stage of the move and let them know about it as soon as you can. Give them some time before moving day to pack up their things and take personal items with them.
• Create announcements about the move. You can announce it on your website and social media, create new business cards and flyers and let your patients know when you talk to them.
• On the actual moving day, have 2 managers present during the entire move. One should be at the old office and the other at the new place.
• Make sure to clean the clutter from your current office when you move. Extra clutter will take up valuable space and time to move.
• Create a checklist so that you remember to do certain tasks. You can create different checklists for planning your move, move-in day and for your employees.
• Communication is one of the most important parts of a move. Communicate frequently with your movers, your staff, your patients and anyone else involved.
Boulevard LA specializes in custom, state-of-the-art medical and dental office space in Downtown Los Angeles. They have worked with clients like Quest Diagnostics, USC Fertility and Perinatal and nonprofit community clinics. Because they understand that every practice is unique, they can provide a custom space for your office. If you have questions about your new office move in checklist contact us today!